In order to ensure that your garage door has a long life it is important to care for it over its life. To do this there are some basic rules to follow.
Service and Repair
- Taurean® Door Systems recommend that any service or repair of your garage door, either a roller door or sectional door, is done either by Taurean Door Systems or by a recommended installer.
- To ensure your door is working correctly and running smoothly Taurean Door Systems recommend that you have your door serviced by an experienced technician on a yearly basis.
- Please contact Taurean Door Systems for more advice or to book a service.
- Wash the door with warm, soapy water every 14 days.
- Wash both sides of the door, in the case of a roller door, ensure the top “roll” is washed. DO NOT wash the garage door motor/operator, this could void the warranty and cause electrocution.
- Wash more frequently in harsh conditions like close proximity to the sea (salty environment) or where industrial fallout may be present.
- Clean the inside of the tracks every 3 months with a dry cloth, then spray with a silicon furniture polish and wipe again with a clean cloth. DO NOT use grease, oil or spray lubricants in the tracks.
- It is important to check the door and its operation every 6 months, more in harsh environments.
- Check that the door is running smoothly and freely in the tracks. If the door is automated ensure the door has been placed into its manual mode first. Refer to the motor’s instruction booklet.
- Check any lifting cables for wear and tear. If there is any fraying contact Taurean Door Systems. DO NOT attempt to repair or remove.
- Check all screws, nuts and bolts making sure they are secure.